When your holds are ready for you to pickup you will be notified via the method you have selected in your account. You no longer need to contact us regarding when you will pick up a hold.
If we do not hear from you within a week the items will be placed back into circulation for other patrons to discover and enjoy.
There are multiple ways to receive a notice that a hold is ready. Here are the options:
1. Email – when a hold is ready an email will be sent to you within a few minutes to let you know.
2. Text – when a hold is ready you will receive a text. Delivery depends on your mobile service but is normally within a half an hour.
3. Phone – when a hold is ready we will call you. These can take longer as we call as soon as we can, but it depends on how busy the staff are at the time.
You can have both an email and a text sent. A phone call means there will only be a phone call, no other method.
If you are not sure of how your account is set up you can see what you have set through your online account (daml.kohavt.org) under 'Messaging settings'. You are welcome to change your notification method here whenever you wish but it will only apply to holds going forward. If no boxes are checked we assume you would like a phone call. You can find the email/phone number on file in your account under 'Contact information'. Please let us know if there are any changes
Place items on hold
- Go to the catalog page and login: https://daml.kohavt.org/
- Login is the entire barcode (those are zeroes in the middle)
- Password is your last name, case-sensitive (i.e., Smith)
- Search the catalog for the item you would like held
- Click on the “Place hold” button
- Other info:
- There is a limit of four holds per library card for DAML patrons
- Only DAML patrons may place holds online
- Only items from DAML may be placed on hold
- If you see an item you want at a HomeCard Libray please contact that library to place it on hold. You will need to pick it up and return it to the lending library.
- Holds placed may not be available until the next business day as holds are generally only retrieved once a day in the morning.
Frequently asked questions
How will I know my holds area ready for pickup?
You will be notified per the method listed on your account. Holds are generally available the day after the hold is placed.
How do I return materials?
Items may be returned in the media drops or inside when picking up a hold or during browsing. Please do not overstuff the drops with items.
Do I need a library card?
Patrons must have a Dorothy Alling Memorial Library card or be a Homecard patron in good standing to check items out. Patrons are limited to four holds. If you are a Williston/St. George resident and do not have a library card, request a card from Services>Library Cards on the menu.
What materials are available for pickup?
All physical materials currently on the shelf are available for pickup, including books, DVDs, audio CDs, and Playaways.
May I place a hold via telephone or email?
Masks are required in the Library at all times for anyone over the age of 2.